This post was most recently updated on September 14th, 2022
ABOUT LASIK EYE SURGERY
“LASIK” is a type of eye surgery. LASIK means laser-in-situ keratomileusis. It is a very famous surgery that corrects vision in people. LASIK corrects refractive errors. People who are farsighted, nearsighted, or who have astigmatism can connect to LASIK. The LASIK process is very safe. US-FDA-approved certificate for LASIK eye surgery. Can LASIK fix lazy eye is important to know?
See also : LASIK surgery orange county
ABOUT LAZY EYE
- Lazy eye is Amblyopia. Amblyopia is a vision development disorder. This is the common cause of vision loss of one eye in children. The problem of lazy eye is actually due to the visual part of the brain. The visual part of the brain needs visual stimulation to grow during childhood development.
- The lazy eye is the weak eye. Both the muscles of the eyes should work together. In a lazy eye, there is a muscle imbalance that causes the brain to reject the image from the weaker eye. It leads to vision loss in the weaker eye.
- Many doctors or specialists agree that amblyopia should be treated in childhood. The treatment becomes effective. If there is no treatment for a lazy eye, then it will cause severe visual disability or legal blindness. LASIK can correct the refractive error of both eyes. If one of your eyes has amblyopia, it will cause blurriness.
- It is very important to check the brain is receiving good visual stimulation between birth and age 8. There are three groups of problems that stop good visual stimulation:
1. Drooping eyelid or a childhood cataract.
2. Crossed eyes.
3. Much different prescription between the two eyes.
- During adulthood, you can distinguish a lazy eye- by its inability to see through glasses. Many adults with lazy eyes have a relative degree of amblyopia. It can still get some measures of correction with glasses or contacts. The visual limitation of Amblyopia is life-long. So it is necessary to screen young children for lazy eyes.
- The LASIK process makes sure that the position of the image in the eye is correct on the retina, reducing astigmatism, nearsightedness, or farsightedness.
- LASIK eye surgery cost in Delhi is not very expensive. It is a safe process.
Can LASIK Fix a Lazy Eye?
- LASIK usually cannot fix a lazy eye. The connection of your eyes with your brain is the main issue. LASIK is unable to do anything. LASIK eye surgery can only manipulate the eye directly and won’t be able to change how it speaks to your brain.
- Laser surgery improves eyesight or vision in the lazy eye. But if the brain undervalues this organ, it will not make much difference to the patient.
- If you have a lazy eye and still depend on glasses or lenses. Then laser eye surgery can boost your current vision or sight. So that you no longer need lenses or glasses as much. That is why many patients with amblyopia still go for LASIK. But it cannot correct the neurological base of the condition.
- In some cases where the lazy eye is not significantly weaker. The doctors may only choose to operate on the good eye. You should also keep in mind that while this is generally a very safe procedure. There are also some risks which involve in any eye surgery.
- The exception that proves laser eye surgery might be effective for treating a lazy eye. If one eye has more near, far-sightedness, or astigmatism than the other, the brain may begin to ignore it. It leads to form amblyopia developing later in life.
- Because of the unequal magnification, it will be uncomfortable to correct using glasses. This can lead to nausea. It will not offer a lasting solution. Contact lenses may be a better option. But it is still not ideal.
- It might be that LASIK eye surgery is the best solution to correct refractive errors to prevent a lazy eye from developing.
The only way to know that is to make an appointment with a surgeon to talk about your options.
A lazy eye is not that fixed with laser eye surgery. But the treatment can help to prevent damage and maintain current levels of eyesight, also reducing dependence on glasses or lenses.
The Right Advice:
If you suffer from an uncorrected lazy eye since your childhood, the treatment will make little to no difference beyond boosting eye vision in your good eye. But there are some circumstances where it can help to prevent the development of a lazy eye later in your life. If you need more advice on lazy eye treatment can help you or not. Then request a consultation to talk with one of the expert ophthalmic surgeons or doctors.
Anything that LASIK can for a Lazy Eye?
There is one condition that causes some forms of the lazy eye which will benefit from LASIK. This is amblyopia. It can happen when one eye has nearsightedness or farsightedness than the other eye. This can lead to underdeveloped pathways. It can result in a lazy eye. In such cases, LASIK takes as a treatment option. It can be an important process in preventing lazy eyes and stopping its more development by balancing out the eyes. It will prevent the underdeveloped pathways from becoming worse. This is all about LASIK can fix a lazy eye or not.