Girl talking to a female doctor in the clinic.
A chiropractor in Brick is trained in numerous treatments that help a person address a wide array of illnesses and injuries. They use targeted therapy to make sure that your tendons, ligaments, muscles, and bones are properly aligned. Manual therapy involves a series of adjustments that will help to align the musculoskeletal system. When all of your body parts are in the right alignment, the body can heal itself naturally. It helps you minimize side effects and complications as you recover. Before beginning any chiropractic treatments, talk to your physician first to be sure it is okay.
Seeing a chiropractor Brick NJ for treatment can address the underlying cause and treat it, not just the symptoms. When just the symptoms are addressed, the problem can return. They will work with you to develop a plan to help you feel better and stay feeling that way. To do this, they will use a variety of techniques.
- Diversified technique—this will help to restore the alignment of your spine to ensure you have the proper movement and mobility. It will also address any joint dysfunction. It will restore the alignment of your spine and help you recover with precise thrust.
- Thompson drop table technique—the chiropractor in Brick uses a table that is made of platforms, which are specially designed to slightly drop you. Combined with a thrust, it can help to ensure your spine has been aligned properly. It is a comfortable treatment that leads to slight vibrations.
- Spinal manipulation—this is a form of manual therapy and is a manipulation of your spine. They will alleviate the pressure on your joints and improve the function of the nerves. It can also help to reduce inflammation throughout the entire body.
- Activator method—during this technique, the chiropractor Brick NJ will use an activator to send a slight impulse to your body. They can adjust the tone of the device to make sure they are treating you correctly. This is generally used to treat headaches and lower back pain.
- Gonstead adjustment—this is a specific type of adjustment that is done to restore the alignment of the discs between your vertebrae. This treatment is done while you are laying on your side or sitting up. It is done to address issues with your pelvic area or lower back.
- Spinal decompression—this technique will use traction therapy. It is used to increase the amount of space between the vertebrae. It can be used to treat pinched nerves, issues with your discs, and sciatica. They will apply gentle pressure to the ends of your spine, gradually stretching them. This technique may need several treatment sessions to address the issue.
These are just some of the techniques that a chiropractor can use to help you get relief from issues with your musculoskeletal and nerve system. They will do an examination to find out the cause and then devise a treatment plan that will work. How many sessions will depend on the issue and treatment used?
**This article is not meant for diagnostic purposes